Every year, the #NMCTM sends our #NCTM Representative to the National Exposition in order to bring back findings to NM educators and leaders. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Participation in NCTM Delegate Assembly process to help elect leaders that will be consistent with NM math teacher needs
- Privilege of participating in Affiliates Leadership Conference to share with other State leaders about methods of improving National and NM math education.
Here is the complete list of NCTM Affiliate Benefits.
If you have not registered nationally, we encourage you to do so here: NCTM registration.
- Official Journals [Teaching Children Mathematics (Pre-K – Grade 6) & Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School (Grades 5-9) & Mathematics Teacher (Grades 8-14)]
- Professional Development [ NCTM Annual Meeting & Exposition, NCTM’s Regional Conferences, NCTM’s Interactive Institutes
- Postitions & Standards that guide many of our most widely implemented National, State, and district initiatives.
- Much, much, more … visit nctm.org
In addition to these larger offerings, the NMCTM has a NM Math Educators Google Group / Listserv that you can sign up for and send and receive to other educators across the State. Anyone can post to the list, however, if you are a full dues paying member you can post directly to the NMCTM Blog which will automatically post to our Listserv, Twitter, and Facebook (#nmctm @nmctm). We are also piloting a mathematics NMCTM Wiki to store lessons and pedagogical strategies. We are looking for members to volunteer to be professional development gnomes, who will post 5-10 items per month to our digital infrastructure that are germane to NM math educators in some fashion. Email us if you are interested. Intermediate technology experience required. If you never received your NMCTM certificate, please fill our Membership Certificate Form.
So, now that you are convinced of what we have to offer and excited about our latest news, please go and renew your dues at our membership corner! You will need to create an account with our website in order to do this and if you need help with that or encounter password recovery trouble, please email us. In the meantime, please consider volunteering yourself or nominating another for one of our positions in the next calendar year. We are always accepting applications!
- Regional Representatives (5 Regions): https://goo.gl/forms/tXOLkBrFa9ZvNo8O2
- Treasurer: https://goo.gl/forms/RMJeHPhKfxyXPnHl2
- President: https://goo.gl/forms/P5lki0KQnuDLf0f02
- Past-President (non-elected)
- PED Math Specialist (ex-officio)
- NCTM Representative: https://goo.gl/forms/wupl3wMuRoAANJ4x1
- Recording Secretary: https://goo.gl/forms/T4i1TfT3o4w7tfjq1
- Communications Specialist: https://goo.gl/forms/NPloNEhXc5iS83xM2
The establishment of and job duties for these roles can be found in our By-Laws and Constitution. We would like to thank all NM Math educators at all levels – we are here to serve you. Join NMCTM or renew today! #nmctm #nctm