NM Math Teachers, Community,
It is with great pleasure that the New Mexico Council of Teachers of Mathematics kicks off its second round of Saturday Snapshots – remote professional development / workshops for teachers of New Mexico or other interested educational leaders. Sessions are both live/synchronous, and yet recorded for viewership later.
This fall there will be three presentations, and we already have two planned for Spring. We provide all of the dates now so that teachers can plan accordingly. As we receive resources and get closer to the later presentations, we will update the resources below. Of course, these are all Saturdays!
- September 17th, 12:30pm – 01:30pm, Let’s See the New STEMscopes Math – Changing the Landscape in New Mexico, Veronica Burnett, Regional STEM Specialist NM/TX STEMscopes
- October 22nd, 10:30am – 11:30am, JA of New Mexico, Jordana Thompson, Programs Coordinator JA
- November 19th, 10:30am – 11:30am, Using a Gamified AI Driven Team Based Program for Procedural Fluency, Nai Wang, President and Founder KP Education Systems
- January 14th, 10:30am – 11:30am, Project ECHO, Kersti Tyson
- February 4th, 10:30am – 11:30am, Investigative Cycle in Middle School Mathematics, Dr. Dhimitraq Duni, Board Member, NMCTM
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your proposal. All remaining times for the fall of 2022 have been taken, but we are accepting proposals for this upcoming Spring and the fall of next school year!
Again, we thank you for your continued support of the NMCTM. All Saturday Snapshot sessions are open to the public, however, participants are required to identify themselves and their institution/affiliation in the waiting room before being allowed entry. We encourage our membership and others to spread the word, and we look forward to learning about exciting math resources / approaches available to NM educators!
NMCTM Board of Directors